Why you should alway have a ISF Calibration done.
People have asked why in the world would I spend over ten thousand dollars in test equipment and thousands of dollars in training to become ISF level 2 certified so I can do an ISF Calibration. The simple answer is to make your television or home theater projector look its best. With all the factory settings set to stand out against the other television at the big box retailer they push the blue tint to offset the neon lights.
Some things you can ask yourself when looking at your television are:
- How well can you see Detail in the Darkest and Brightest portions of your picture?
- Is the Level of Color, A Little Low, A Little High, or about Right?
- Do Skin Tones look correct?
- Does it look like the Right Color?
- Is the Surface of your Screen Quiet or Noisy?
- Do images appear Clearly?
These are all things that can be fixed with a calibration.
I recommend started with just a basic calibration just using the standard controls. If you like what you see then getting into a full calibration. Everyone I have done this for is amazed how much better their television or home theater projector looked.
These are the little details that give you that feeling of being there when watching a movie or game. Please make sure that you not only buy great equipment but also have it correctly installed.